This ARP Omni 1 has a lot of flair! This synthesizer has just been fully serviced by Synthchaser – recapped, new bushings, LED sliders, fully functional, calibrated, tuned and sounding great. This keyboard is the sound of Joy Division and is all over The Cars’ “Moving In Stereo”. It produces the lush Solina/String Ensemble sounds plus has a polyphonic synthesizer section with a voltage controlled filter, LFO, and ADSR.
Overall good condition for a 40 year old synthesizer, with some cosmetic issues as visible in the photos (scratches on the paint of the case, etc)
- Synthchaser Precision LED slider upgrade. All 15 of the old original sliders have been replaced with new, smooth, high precision LED illuminated sliders. The difference in the way these sliders feel and perform compared to the originals is a huge improvement.
- Synthchaser Capacitor Kit installed – 108 polarized capacitors in the synthesizer (not just the power supply) have been replaced to help provide stable operation for years to come.
- 4075 Filter Enhancement – The voltage controlled filter has been recapped and enhanced to correct an error with the original design which limited the frequency response to about 12kHz.
- Keyboard rebuild – New key bushings installed, keys removed and washed, key bed leveled, key contacts cleaned and adjusted
- Oscilloscope Calibration – Fully calibrated to factory spec under measurement by oscilloscope
The LEDs are very bright blue. I can change them to a less bright Orange if the buyer would like, or the illumination can be disabled.
Prospective buyers are welcome to come try it out before purchasing. Local pickup is welcome and encouraged. If being shipped, the instrument will be professionally packed by the UPS store and insured for the full purchase price, but as connectors can come loose and damage can occur during shipment and this is a vintage electronic item, so all sales will be as-is and final. No international shipping on this keyboard.