This synthesizer has just been fully serviced by Synthchaser, the west coast’s leading ARP specialist – recapped, new key bushings, new LED sliders, beautiful new walnut side panels, case partially repainted, clean, fully functional, calibrated, in tune and sounding great. This keyboard is the sound of Joy Division and is all over The Cars’ “Moving In Stereo”. It produces the lush Solina/String Ensemble sounds plus has a polyphonic synthesizer section with a voltage controlled filter, LFO, and ADSR, and a dedicated bass synthesizer section.
Good condition with some blemishes (minor dents, rust spots, paint blemishes–typical for a 40 year old synth) visible in the photos.
- Synthchaser Precision LED slider upgrade. All 15 of the old original sliders have been replaced with new, smooth, high precision LED illuminated sliders. The difference in the way these sliders feel and perform compared to the originals is a huge improvement.
- Synthchaser Capacitor Kit installed – 106 polarized capacitors in the synthesizer (including but not just limited to the power supply) have been replaced to help provide stable operation for years to come.
- Synthchaser Master Oscillator module – the failure prone archaic master oscillator circuitry of the Omni 2 has been removed and replaced with this stable and precise master oscillator which will keep the keyboard in tune.
- Synthchaser 4075 Filter Enhancement Kit Installed – The ARP Omni uses the same 4075 filter submodule found in the Odyssey, Quadra, Avatar, and Pro DGX. This has been recapped, and enhanced to provide superior frequency response.
- Keyboard rebuild – New key bushings installed, keys removed and cleaned, buss bar and key contacts cleaned and adjusted
- Walnut hardwood side panels – The original ugly leather side panels have been removed and replaced with beautiful hardwood side panels of the same thickness.
LEDs are Orange to match the Omni 2 color scheme, but there is a possibility to customize the LED slider colors, please inquire if interested.
Prospective buyers are welcome to come try it out before purchasing. Local pickup is welcome and encouraged. If being shipped, the instrument will be professionally packed by the UPS store and insured for the full purchase price, but connectors can come loose, damage can occur during shipment, and this is a vintage electronic item, so all sales will be as-is and final. But visit the Synthchaser youtube channel and rest assured that a high quality detailed restoration was done to this synthesizer. In fact, this particular synth was the subject of the Synthchaser #076 and 077 videos.
Shipping to the UK may be possible, inquire if interested.