The most awesome ARP Omni 2 ever! With MIDI! This synthesizer has just been fully serviced by Synthchaser, the west coast’s leading ARP specialist – recapped, new bushings, LED sliders, fully functional, calibrated, tuned and sounding great. This keyboard is the sound of Joy Division and is all over The Cars’ “Moving In Stereo”. It produces the lush Solina/String Ensemble sounds plus has a polyphonic synthesizer section with a voltage controlled filter, LFO, and ADSR. I’ve made a video to demonstrate this keyboard in action playing Joy Division’s classic, “Decades” via MIDI
Video showing this keyboard in action:
Overall good condition for a nearly 40 year old synthesizer, with some cosmetic issues as visible in the photos (dent to back right corner of case, etc)
- Synthchaser MIDI Adapter – How rare is it to find an Omni equipped with MIDI? The Synthchaser MIDI Adapter has support for MIDI In and Through for the string & synth polyphonic voices only, and responds to note on & off requests.
- Synthchaser Precision LED slider upgrade. All 15 of the old original sliders have been replaced with new, smooth, high precision LED illuminated sliders. The difference in the way these sliders feel and perform compared to the originals is a huge improvement.
- Synthchaser Capacitor Kit installed – 106 polarized capacitors in the synthesizer (not just the power supply) have been replaced to help provide stable operation for years to come.
- Keyboard rebuild – New key bushings installed, keys removed and washed, key contacts cleaned and adjusted
- Oscilloscope Calibration – Fully calibrated to factory spec under measurement by oscilloscope
The 4075 filter has not been modified and has the original capacitors and frequency response. This can be enhanced upon request by the buyer. There is also a possibility to customize the LED slider colors.
Prospective buyers are welcome to come try it out before purchasing. Local pickup is welcome and encouraged. If being shipped, the instrument will be professionally packed by the UPS store and insured for the full purchase price, but as connectors can come loose and damage can occur during shipment and this is a vintage electronic item, so all sales will be as-is and final. No international shipping on this item.